Hours of Operation: M – F, 7am to 3pm.
The Delivery Associate is responsible for packing and arranging meals according to diet, date and location, transporting meals to each Meals On Wheels program site daily and returning and cleaning packaging materials. This is a full time (32 to 40 hours per week) position. Must be organized, professional, and able to multitask in a busy nonprofit environment, meet deadlines, and be willing to work a rare evening or weekends. Note: This is not delivering meals to individuals, it is delivering bins of meals and beverages from a commercial kitchen to Meals on Wheels sites. The Delivery Associate should have a passion for the Meals on Wheels mission, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Pack meals, side dishes and beverages for both daily and frozen orders according to date, site, and diet
- Accurately load and deliver meals to member sites
- Deliver extra items as needed to sites such as bags, marketing materials, etc.
- Ensure proper temperatures and food safety standards are upheld
- Complete appropriate documentation
- Maintain cleanliness of delivery vehicle, bins, crates, and workspace
- Perform daily safety inspection on vehicle
- Foster professional and positive relationships with kitchen and site staff
· Positive and professional attitude
- Flexible and responsive to customers’ needs
- Ability to work independently
- Prompt and reliable
- Basic computer skills
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Class D MN driver’s license
- Safe driver and clean MVR (have not had a driver’s license canceled, revoked, or suspended and no revocations in the past 3 years)
To apply, send resume to [email protected].
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status.