The Delivery Coordinator is responsible for the logistical coordination of meal orders, pack/route sheets, and tracking of billing. Must be organized, professional, and able to multitask in a busy nonprofit environment, meet deadlines, and be willing to work a rare evening or weekends.
The Delivery Coordinator should have a passion for the Meals on Wheels mission, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners.
This is a 40 hour/week position with benefits.
Receive and process meal orders from sites
- Provide kitchen staff will numbers for production of each type of meal
- Track quantities by site, compile, and forward bi-weekly reports to billing staff
- Manage volunteer calendar, greet, and orient new volunteers, and complete necessary paperwork for volunteers.
- Assist kitchen leadership when requested with forecasting, menu planning, and logistics
- Fill in for Driver/Packers when needed
- Assist with tasting and catering events
- Foster professional and positive relationships with kitchen, drivers and site staff
- Complete appropriate documentation as needed
- Positive and professional attitude
- Flexible and responsive to customers’ needs
- Ability to work independently
- Prompt and reliable
- Computer skills including proficiency with Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Class D MN driver’s license
- Safe driver and clean MVR (have not had a driver’s license canceled, revoked, or suspended and no revocations in the past 3 years)
To apply, send resume to [email protected].
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status.