Enrollment and Administrative Assistant
The Enrollment and Administrative Assistant provides excellent customer service for Meals on Wheels clients, member programs and caregivers as they enroll clients for home delivered meals. The Enrollment and Administrative Assistant provides detailed and timely administrative support for the MN Medicaid billing process.
The Enrollment and Administrative Assistant is a full-time position that reports to the Client Services Director.
- Provide client intake service in a professional, caring, and compassionate manner to caregivers, Meals on Wheels recipients, and Member Programs
- Obtain accurate client demographic, financial and insurance information
- Communicate with member Meals on Wheels sites to facilitate the delivery and billing process
- Answer general questions about Meals on Wheels while communicating with caregivers and recipients
- Gather accurate delivery and billing information
- Assist with billing and reimbursement to the Minnesota Health Care Programs on behalf of member Meals on Wheels programs
- Gather service agreements and insurance authorization forms for required services
- Communicate with case managers and Meals on Wheels programs regarding any billing discrepancies
- Assist with general office support duties as necessary
- Data tracking and statistical reporting as needed
- Participate in Meals on Wheels events
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of MN Medicaid, Third Party Billing and Reimbursement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED, minimum
- One year administrative support in a health care setting, Meals on Wheels or similar program
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance policies and procedures
- Familiar with health care insurance and ability to utilize web pages to verify insurance eligibility
- Excellent customer service, organizational and follow-through skills
- Proficient in the use of windows based computer applications; MS Word, Excel & Outlook, and database experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Proficiency in Spanish, Hmong or Somali a plus
Position open until filled. To apply email cover letter and resume to Mary Plasencia at [email protected].
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.