Metro Meals on Wheels seeks to add a friendly and outgoing Enrollment Services Representative for Meals on Wheels clients, member programs and caregivers as they enroll clients for home delivered meals. The Enrollment Services Representative will assist new and current clients with the options available to them in the community, and assist in navigating the process. This individual will possess excellent communication skills, and a passion for helping those in our community. As Metro Meals on Wheels continues to expand its outreach within the community, this position requires to be fluent in both English and Somali, Hmong or Spanish.
- Calls community members residing in the Twin Cities area to provide information on Meals on Wheels and potential sources of funding/support.
- Provide outreach in the community that will benefit from receiving Meals on Wheels.
- Work cooperatively with other agencies to coordinate services.
- Determine Medicaid financial eligibility for potential members. Assist with Medicaid application as necessary, gather pertinent financial verification, process application and submit verification to county.
- Provide access to translation/interpretation assistance.
- Provides one-on-one assistance to community members to facilitate Meals on Wheels enrollment.
- Conduct eligibility screening as necessary.
- Communicate with case managers and Meals on Wheels programs.
- Obtain accurate client demographic, financial and insurance information.
- Communicate with member Meals on Wheels sites to facilitate the delivery of Home Delivered Meals.
- Answer general questions about Meals on Wheels while communicating with caregivers and recipients.
- Work with MMOW’s Marketing Director to launch a social media campaign to educate the community on Meals on Wheels.
- Data tracking and statistical reporting as needed.
- Participate in Meals on Wheels events, and agency meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Education, experience in Human and Social Services, Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or equivalent experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in both English and Somali, Hmong or Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of MN Medicaid and application process.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office computer applications; MS Word, Excel & Outlook, and database experience.
- Effective time management, and ability to prioritize work flow.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work remotely and in an office setting.
- Professional and courteous attitude.
- Able to work effectively in a mission-driven agency whose clients and staff exhibit significant diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, gender orientation, socio-economic status, nationality, and religion.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid Minnesota driver’s license and insurance.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Position open until filled. To apply email cover letter and resume to Mary Plasencia at [email protected].
Metro Meals on Wheels is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. Metro Meals on Wheels prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment on the basis of age, race/color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or veteran’s status. AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M / F H DV.