Want to start a new Thanksgiving tradition with your family? Gather up the crew and head down to the Mall of America Thanksgiving morning and join us for The Walk To End Hunger.
The Walk to End Hunger is a family-friendly indoor walk around the Mall of America, in which 100% of the proceeds will go to organizations in the Twin Cities dedicated to fighting hunger. By pledging to walk for Meals on Wheels you will be helping support the delivery of healthy food and human interaction to seniors and people with disabilities in the Twin Cities.
Here are 3 reasons why you should walk this year:
- Give back before you give thanks. Thanksgiving is a time to recognize how fortunate we are, and that others around us may not be as lucky. By walking you will be helping people in our community get what everyone deserves, food on their table.
- Great family event. Every member of the family will have a great time walking around the Mall of America on Thanksgiving. The time spent together walking before you start digging into dinner will create lasting memories for everyone.
- Burn off some calories before you pile a ton on. You won’t feel guilty going back for seconds (or thirds) at the dinner table because you’ll have already completed your morning workout!
There are two ways you can participate:
- Join our team! With an initial donation of just $25 you can walk with Meals on Wheels Thanksgiving morning.
- Create your own team! Get your family and friends together, walk, and give to Meals on Wheels before you give thanks.
You can find more event information here. We hope to see you on Thanksgiving morning!