Careers: Development Director
Metro Meals on Wheels seeks to add a dynamic individual to join their team as The Development Director. The desired candidate will possess knowledge of fundraising with the capacity to engage new donors and steward longtime supporters. The preferred individual will have a minimum of three years of development experience and a strong commitment to helping the organization spearhead a robust leadership giving program. This individual will also possess a strong marketing acumen with a successful track record of engaging the community using modern and compelling concepts.
The Development Director is responsible for all fundraising, communications, and volunteer activities all for the purpose of building solid and sustainable philanthropic support for Metro Meals on Wheels mission. This role has responsibility for the development, administration and management of individual giving, major gifts, events, corporate and foundation partnerships, volunteerism, and communications programs. This position will manage small development and marketing teams and work with the Executive Director and Development and Marketing Committees on overall development and communication strategies. A successful candidate will be creative and comfortable with change. They will embody an entrepreneurial, results-driven style and an ability to identify and implement creative approaches to development.
Our next Development Director will:
- Lead the development team to ensure timely and effective communications with donors.
- Evaluate strategies and current fundraising efforts with existing donor base to improve online giving and lapsed donor opportunities.
- Coordinate donor communications to strengthen attachment to the organization.
- Manage overall plans for special fundraising events and assist in the planning and execution of donor events.
- Lead the marketing team to coordinate communications with the general public, volunteers and meal recipients.
- Direct a comprehensive communications strategy that promotes the work by integrating key messages into the marketing communications materials, special events, and through the use of news media.
- Work with external stakeholders and vendors to elevate the Meals on Wheels brand.
- Develop and monitor department budgets so that appropriate fiscal management is assured and needed resources are made available to accomplish determined objectives.
- Manage all other operations of the development and communications departments, including office procedures, preparation of solicitation materials, acknowledgements, records maintenance, data tracking, and reporting.
Our next Development Director will bring:
- Excitement about the opportunity to advance the organization and generate growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years nonprofit development and marketing experience.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of effective fundraising.
- Demonstrated success and passion for engaging and inspiring donors.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and creatively to solve problems.
- Familiarity with local individual, corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Planned Giving.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with donor database (GiftWorks preferred).
The Development Director is a full-time, salaried position ($70,000-$80,000) and will report to Executive Director. The position will be located in our Minneapolis, MN, office.
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status.
To apply, email Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected] by August 10, 2021.