Are you a passionate, nonprofit professional who enjoys developing quality relationships, providing the highest quality customer service, and partnering with your colleagues to make a meaningful difference in the community? Are you ready for a new opportunity?
A well-respected, vibrant nonprofit organization is seeking a dynamic individual to join their team as Development Director. The desired candidate will possess a deep knowledge of fundraising with the capacity to engage new donors and cultivate major gifts. The preferred individual will have a minimum of three years of development experience and a strong commitment to helping the organization spearhead a robust leadership giving program.
The Development Director will contribute to the organization’s mission by managing and executing the organization’s individual and major giving program. This position will manage a small development team and work with the Executive Director and Development Committee on overall development planning for individual donors, planned giving and major gifts.
Our next Development Director will:
- Identify, cultivate and secure new prospects and donors.
- Evaluate strategies and current fundraising efforts with existing donor base to improve the direct mail campaign, online giving and lapsed donor opportunities.
- Lead, plan and executive a major gifts program to grow the major donor pool.
- Assess donor database to develop relationships with prospective major donors.
- Coordinate major donor visits to heighten attachment to the organization.
- Manage overall plans for special fundraising events and assist in the planning and execution of major donor events.
- Strengthen stewardship of existing and new donors.
Our next Development Director will bring:
- Excitement about the opportunity to advance the organization and generate growth.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years nonprofit development experience.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of effective fundraising.
- Demonstrated success and passion for engaging and inspiring donors.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and creatively to solve problems.
- Familiarity with local individual, corporate and foundation funding sources.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Planned Giving.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with donor database (GiftWorks preferred).
The Development Director is a full-time, salaried position and will report to Executive Director.
The position will be located in our Minneapolis, Minn., office.
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply for this position regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status.
If the mission of this organization resonates with you and your experience aligns with the qualifications we seek, we welcome the opportunity to talk with you! Please send resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to: [email protected].