Meals on Wheels is fortunate to have such consistent support from 3M and its employees. A dedicated group of 3M volunteers has delivered Meals on Wheels for decades and once again, the 3M Foundation will allow employees and retirees to double up on their donations to Meals on Wheels March 2-13.
Last year, donations from employees and retirees along with the 3M Foundation’s match raised about $13,000 for Meals on Wheels. This opportunity comes as part of the 3M Hunger Relief Match program and allows employees of one company to make a huge impact on the lives of seniors in our community through just a few days of giving.
Meals on Wheels would like to extend our sincerest thanks to the 3M Foundation and 3M employees past and present for their support. Those interested in participating in the 3M Hunger Relief Match March 2-13 can follow these instructions:
- Log in at 3Mgives.com.
- Single Sign-On is available for employees. For retirees, the donor sets up a Personal 3M Matching Gift Account if not already done. An email address is entered so the donor can receive an electronic message confirming their password. If the donor does not have an email account, they may use [email protected]. This will allow them to participate in the online program.
- Once logged in, the donor selects the “Hunger Match” program.
- Select Meals on Wheels from the designated organizations. When the required information is filled in, the donor prints two copies of the Gift ID Coupon. One coupon is retained for the donor’s records.
- Mail second coupon is mailed, with the donation, to Metro Meals on Wheels. Checks can be sent to Metro Meals on Wheels, 1200 Washington, Ave. S., Suite 380, Minneapolis, MN 55415. Gifts can also be made online on our donate page.
- If you make an online donation, you still must register the gift in 3M’s system and obtain a Gift ID Coupon. The coupon should be mailed (Metro Meals on Wheels, 1200 Washington, Ave. S., Suite 380, Minneapolis, MN 55415) or emailed ([email protected]) along with a receipt for the online gift.
- To be eligible for the match, donations must be registered online between March 2 and March 13, 2015.
- The 3M Foundation is offering up to a $70,000 in matching funds for all participating organizations. Making a donation earlier in the matching period will help ensure your donation is matched before $70,000 is reached.
- There is a $25 minimum and $2,500 maximum per donor.
- The 3M donation website will not be available until March 2.