Keeping your information safe and secure is extremely important to us. When you donate to Metro Meals on Wheels, you can be sure that your transaction is secure, and that your information will not be shared with other parties.
As part of our commitment to ensuring that your information is secure, we take the following precautions:
- Metro Meals on Wheels does not sell, trade, or exchange donor information with other organizations.
- Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.
- All printed donor information (checks, donation slips, and any copies) are kept in locked filing cabinets once the information has been processed.
- Checks are remotely deposited and destroyed within 30 days.
- Access to your information is restricted to key employees and volunteers.
- Each employee and volunteer has a unique username for the donor database and password for their workstation.
- Internet donations are handled through a secure website and directly deposited.
- Donation forms are destroyed after 3 years and kept in a secured location until that time.
If you made a donation in error, we’re happy to correct the problem. Please contact Metro Meals on Wheels by email or at (612) 623-3363 if you need to modify your donation.
In addition, we’re happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have concerning the privacy of your information. You may contact Metro Meals on Wheels by email or at (612) 623-3363.