Job Opening: Event Specialist
Event Specialist Job Summary
Increase awareness around Meals on Wheels and senior hunger issues in the Twin Cities by working with the Marketing and Development Director to execute and deliver the marketing strategy. This position is responsible for coordinating special events and fundraisers for the organization.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, annual meetings, volunteer appreciation events and fundraising events
- Serve as staff liaison to the planning committee for annual Meals on Wheels fundraising events. Recruit new members as necessary and manage committee timeline and goals.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Work closely with internal and external sources to define event goals, objectives, and processes that promote Meals on Wheels
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Serve as liaison to vendors on event-related matters and coordinate design and production of promotional materials
- Keep track of event budgets and finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Provide post-event analysis, budget recaps, participant feedback, and incorporate learning into future plans
Marketing & Communications
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Development Director, manage the communications plan in alignment with the mission and brand identity for the organization
- Execute the strategy and budget for reaching clients, caregivers, volunteers and health care professionals
- Work directly with the member organizations (neighborhood Meals on Wheels programs) to identify marketing and outreach opportunities to attract both new clients and new volunteers
- Attend industry events as a representative of Meals on Wheels
- Assist with relevant communications including print materials, web communications and social media
Corporate & Community Engagement
- Identify novel partnerships that increase the visibility and understanding of Meals on Wheels
- Identify and promote cause marketing opportunities
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Minimum of BA or BS degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 2 or more years of experience in marketing
- Passion for the mission of Meals on Wheels and aging services in general
- Experience working with health care professionals is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record in inside/outside sales and marketing
- Proven track record in fundraising and/or building partnerships
- Superior interpersonal communication skills; deals well with a variety of people, personalities, and backgrounds
- Able to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, and manage multiple work activities
- Experience with website production and social media is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]. Application deadline is Feb. 15, 2019.
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.