The Volunteer & Development Coordinator is responsible for overseeing all data entry from donations and processing acknowledgement letters. They also coordinate volunteers to support donation entry as well as for the Metro Meals on Wheels member network.
Reports to: Development & Communications Director
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Metro Meals on Wheels offers a competitive benefits package with generous time off and flexibility to create a remote and in-office hybrid work schedule. This position requires a minimum of three days a week in the office with more during the year-end giving season.
- Oversee Giftworks database and accurately record all incoming funds from donors, foundations, individuals, and businesses.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and mailings to donors in a timely manner.
- Manage monthly donation program and credit card processing.
- Create and manage donation reports and mailing lists.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for individual donors, answering questions about donations and sending out reports, and reissuing thank you letters as requested.
- Actively recruit volunteers, review applications, and complete background checks.
- Follow-up on all volunteer inquiries online, by telephone, and in person.
- Maintain records of MMOW volunteer recruitment activities.
- Train and work with office volunteer staff, and coordinate volunteer recognition.
- Participate in communications and development activities, including supporting an annual fundraiser and outreach events.
- Support office administrative duties such as answering phones, assisting with enrollment, and ordering supplies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED, minimum
- 1 year administrative support or data entry experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of windows-based computer applications; MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with donor database such as Giftworks preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional and courteous attitude
Application Process: Send cover letter and resume to Jeni Gregory at [email protected]. Include “Volunteer & Development Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for submission is September 1.
Metro Meals on Wheels is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.